Monday, January 2, 2012

Saatchi Gallery London Curator Pick

Rebecca Wilson the Director of Saatchi Gallery in London has curated a collection and the art work above entitled "The Wedding" by Alice Brasser, an artist from the Netherlands is one of  Wilson's picks.  Brasser's technique and composition implores interpretation and everyone can view this piece and find something about it that speaks to them. 

My interpretation would be that the artist is speaking to the viewer about each of our ancestors being present in our consciousness and participating in the way we choose to live each of our lives.  Brasser's expression of the unseen influences that surround us in our daily lives is easily readable, at least to me.  But then again I could be entirely off with my interpretation and I invite the artist Alice Brasser to tells us exactly what her message is with this piece.

1 comment: